Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July 2010

We had a great 4th of July! Family, food, and fun pretty much sums it up!

 


I was so excited to see my good friend Lindsey (Briggs) Edwards. I havent seen her in so long. It was so nice to catch up and see her cute little boys. We tried to get a picture with her oldest boy but he had way to much exploring to do. You can take my word for it though he is as handsome as Lindsey is beautiful!


As a child we would go to the Menan celebration on the 4th of July every year. I would look forward to all the many activites that day. One of the things that I would look forward to was the races. So when I realized that Jaxton could run them this year, you better believe that I made sure we were there. I thought for sure he would love it and would run his little heart out. Well I was wrong, as you can see in the picture the two kids next to him were either terrified or not interested. He kept looking at them and me with a look of confusion. He wasnt sure if he should run or break down and cry. When the whistle blew he just walked very slowly about half way and then started to cry. I couldnt help but laugh! It definately wasnt what my idea of his first race but definately memorable.



After we left the Menan Festivities we went to Lava Hot Springs for another family reunion. I dont see this side of my family very often so I was really excited to go. We enjoyed all the visiting and swimming!

I love this picture; Jaxton pulled this chair over to my grandpa and wanted to enjoy a few Doritoes. He looks so big in this picture and I love that he wanted to be by my grandpa. I have wonderful grandparents that I look up to and love so much!


 




Remember these two.....




Look at them now!

I cant believe its been a whole year since they have seen each other. They are 2nd cousins and only 5 days apart. They were so fun to watch. I had a couple pictures of them doing the same things but  decided to just share this one. They brushed their teeth together, ate licorice together, and even chased each other in a tent. They were busy little boys but they sure had a lot of fun!








No comments: